Don't like this style? Click here to change it! blue.css
Class 21: The LAST CLASS!!
First of all let me tell you what an honor it has been attempting to empower you. Out of our super-power goals I would say
we were a little bit light on Business Mind (although I'm guessing some of you now see
opportunities around you more than you did) and Polymorphism we didn't even touch it. But
everything else we did pretty darn well. Nice work.
A Look Back
You guys learned A LOT during this semester (I hope):
- You learned that all it takes to learn something new, even when it is hard, is to fiddle around and not be
too afraid to fail.
- You learned that there is awesome power in knowing how to boss around computers.
- You learned that the number one indicator of success is hard work and a sense of self-determinism.
- You learned how to get a large task done with a group.
- You learned how to:
- Use variables
- Model a problem with variables and functions
- Use while loops
- Use for loops
- Use recursion
- Use logic and control flow
- Define functions
- Test functions
- Use lists
- Use dictionaries
- Think in iteratables
- Use lambda, map, and reduce
- Do Object-oriented thinking
- Manipulate strings
- Read and write files
- Display graphics
- Play sounds
- Interact with a user in several ways
- Think in animations
- Build games
- Solve math problems with computers
- Do Error Handling
- Do String Formatting
- Think out some basic complexity (well… almost)
New Survey Review
OK, I revamped my survey system to allow four choices just for today's review! http://survey.prof.ninja.
I wanted to do this so that you can get a feel for where you are relative to the class, which is a rare
So fire it up and let's start answering some code tracing questions.